About the job
L2 Job Description:
The Infrastructure and Operations Engineer will be responsible for leading and coordinating Infrastructure and business projects from a technology perspective, ensuring that infrastructure development activities are consistent with the direction set by best practices and standards at First Data.
The candidate will also be an escalation point of contact for application support issues and is required to be able to handle challenging issues related to supporting various applications and systems. Participation in an active on-call rotation is vital to maintaining acceptable levels of service delivery for clients.
The candidate will also perform as a release manager and is responsible for overseeing the coordination and facilitation of the release process, deployment to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software products. The Release Manager oversees the day to day aspects of the integration and flow of development, testing, deployment, and support of the applications.
- Provide L2 level of application support for the efficient resolution of IT infrastructure related incidents, service requests and update Service Point management systems accordingly.
- Responsible for responding to application support escalations which involve troubleshooting technical issues and resolving data/configuration issues
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support escalations
- Create/Maintain documentation for operational procedures as required
- Provide after-hours and on-call support for client service delivery
- Create and maintain our applications in JBoss 8.0 servers.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Collaborate with peers on complex projects as required (e.g. data center modifications, build-out for DR sites.)
- Serve as a liaison between infrastructure operations and the vendors to address performance issues or problem analysis and see them through to resolution
- Coordinate performance analysis, recommendations, and improvements within the hosting infrastructure.
L2 Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Hands on experience in Systems Architecture/ Application Integrations/ Application Support/ Application Deployments.
- Proven experience with Software Configuration Managements.
- Experience with SDLC, Agile development and Waterfall methodologies
- Hands on experience in UNIX & shell scripting.
- Proven experience implementing web services and web service interfaces using WSDL, XSD, XML, SOAP/REST frameworks and technologies.
- Strong user/admin experience with Linux/Unix command line
- Strong experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App Dynamics.
- Expertise in networking protocols, networking and routing strategies
- Expertise in reviewing, implementing and supporting Enterprise Security solutions including Web Service Security, SSL Mutual Authentication.
- Expertise in Web & Application servers including JBoss and Apache.
- Experience with Mobile Payments (highly recommended)
- (Equivalent profile accepted)
Unix, shell Scripting
Missing any skill? Learn it now
IT Software - Application Programming/ Maintenance
IT-Software / Software Services